Followers

Sunday, June 11, 2017

I lose myself

When i Glimpse a hummingbird in my tulips, can i call up my gladness and spend sometime with it?
A stern voice in me says, How wasteful what if you don't get anything done?
I ask, can i allow myself to feel the pain of a relationship that needs rekindling?No, the voice says, stifle it and pretend. Rocked boats tip over.
So i ask, what about the anger inside? Can i feel it? And the voice says its not nice to be angry .
Then i ask, when i am scared and hurting, can i open my soul and let someone peer way down inside?
And it says, keep stiff upper lip.Bury it.
When i live with there answers long enough, i can no longer connect to my real feelings, i lose my ability to relate to myself and others from a genuine place. I lose myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment